- Fentanyl (10 mcg/mL) in NS 100 mL bag (PF)
- Fentanyl (10 mcg/mL) in NS 250 mL bag (PF)
- Fentanyl (20 mcg/mL) in NS 100 mL bag (PF)
- Fentanyl (20 mcg/mL) in NS 50 mL (50 mL Syringe) (PF)
- Fentanyl (50 mcg/mL) 25 mL (in 30 mL BD syr) (PF)
- Midazolam (1 mg/mL) in NS 100 mL bag
- Midazolam (1 mg/mL) in NS 50 mL bag
Controlling pain in hospitalized patients is a challenging task. Patient preference strongly favors PCA over conventional analgesia. Patients using PCA also obtain better pain relief than those using conventional analgesia, without an increase in side effects (Brown BW Jr., J Clin Anesth. 1993 May-Jun;5(3):179-81)
In a hospital setting, a PCA refers to an electronically controlled infusion pump that delivers an amount of intravenous analgesic when the patient presses a button. PCA can be used for both acute and chronic pain patients. It is commonly used for post-operative pain management, and for end-stage cancer patients. Narcotics are the most common analgesics administered through PCAs.
Did you know?
81% of hospitals use smart pumps for all PCA patients.
WELLS PHARMA offers a full line of PAIN and PCA products. Where potency is critically important in achieving the desired results of pain and PCA treatment, Wells has you covered. Our pain/PCA product line is rigorously tested to ensure potency and sterility.