Job Title: Shipping / Receiving Clerck-503B facility
Houston, TX 77054
Number of openings
Monday to Friday
– 401(k) matching
– Dental insurance
– Employee assistance program
– Flexible spending account
– Health Insurance
– Life Insurance
– Paid time off
– Vision Insurance
About the Job
We are looking for a Shipping & Receiving Clerk to join our team. Responsibilities include maintaining and verifying the records of the incoming and outgoing shipments, perform all functions in both the receiving and shipping departments, and maintain thorough and accurate documentation while regularly communicating with appropriate staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurately maintain all shipment related paperwork.
- Perpetuate raw material & finished goods inventory records & related FIFO sheets.
- Data entry, spreadsheets, reporting & tracking.
- Process daily orders.
- Inspect each and every shipment which is going out in order to ensure accuracy.
- Receive approved manufactured product.
- Conduct cycle counts.
- Keep the inventory records updated.
- Inspect each and every package in order to find the correct items, missing items, broken items and record them.
- Pick material for production in accordance with batch records.
- Answer all telephone calls, take messages, and steer to the required individuals on time.
- Assist and evaluate the needs with the shipping services, points, weights & freight permits.
- Maintain shipping stations in working order and also stock them with materials.
- Notify appropriate personnel of matters related to shipment arrival and coordinating shipment information to offices.
- Working knowledge and use of manual pallet jack and similar equipment.
- Act as a liaison between carriers and the company to track orders
- Anticipate the needs and issues of customers/suppliers to insure effective departmental operations and meet business needs.
- Contact vendors or carriers as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Transport items in company truck between company locations from time to time.
- Possess, and maintain, a current US Driver’s License in good standing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous experience in shipping and receiving.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well with others in a diverse setting.
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professional excellence characterized by being proactive, show initiative and have a high standard of ethics.
- Scanning and sorting incoming and outgoing stock.
- Receiving, stocking, and stacking.
- Pulling, packing, and loading.
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- The shipping and receiving clerks are expected to operate within the framework of Well’s Pharma of Houston’s Core Values.
- Consistently operate with the highest standards of ethics and compliance.
- Take ownership of your actions, success, and setbacks.
- Exercise respect and honesty.
- Go the extra mile to make things happen and be committed in all aspects.
- Embrace change with enthusiasm, giving positive criticism, respectfully.
- Be meticulous and highly organized.
- Work cross-functionally to achieve business outcomes.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient use of computer software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitas.
- An energetic self-starter that is team oriented.